Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Breakfast

People have the great advice about daytime meals "Eat your breakfast by yourself, share your lunch with a friend, and give your dinner to your enemy". During the centuries, people have observed importance of the time of eating, and those observations show that the most important meal of the day is the breakfast. Unfortunately, I'm allowed to cook a proper breakfast only couple times per week when my husband and I can have the morning together.

 I wasn't surprised that we are going to learn breakfast in the first phase of our studying as one of the kitchen basics. Our Chefs taught us to identify and cook the most common breakfast dishes from eggs such as Eggs Benedict, Frittata, etc. We learned the proper way to fry eggs  in different styles and boil them to certain conditions. For example, I didn't know before that boiled eggs should never be boiled. Yes, they should be simmered. In this way we can avoid blue-green-grey color covering yolk after boiling. Also, my classmate taught me to flip "over" eggs. I did it! It is an amazing feeling when you learn the skill which you've seen only in some movie before. Thank you for this. 
Below I put pictures of breakfast dishes made by my classmates in egg-lab. 

Frittata
Quiche with spinach 



Cheese Quiche



 Eggs Benedict

No comments:

Post a Comment