Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2016

Breakfast again.

Previously, I told about the most common food for the breakfast, the eggs. However, many of us have one more preference in the morning, and this is griddle cakes and crepes. There are thousands of recipes and advice on how to cook the best pancakes or crepes in books, magazines, online, and in the family recipe book we have. Anyway, I've never seen the recipes that we used in the school and I fell in love with them. Our pancakes were nicely moist inside and golden out. I fried crepes, and this process has never been so easy without any of the oil that I usually use. Then we created stuffings for our crepes, savory and sweet. One of our group made sweet stuffing from caramelised apples. Flavored with vanilla and honey, his apples were rich and delicious. The savory filling was developed by another classmate, and she did a great job. Fried spinach with melted gruyere cheese we mixed with fried mushrooms and leek, and I'm going to use this filling recipe in my home kitchen because it is just the perfect taste, especially, in the crepe.

One more exciting experience I got was to make Lemon Curd. Once I tried to cook it at home, so I found lots of recipes and even a video guide, but my lemon curd was too sour, liquid and pale. Using the school recipe I made Lemon Curd with balanced taste and the perfect appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment