Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Stocks

As my readers can see, to know rules and equipment of any new area where we come is the first important thing. Then, our Chef introduced us to basic dishes which are supposed to be prepared in advance in any kitchen to simplify the cooking process. I am talking about stocks. Stocks are made from different types of meat and vegetables (chicken stock, veal stock, beef stock, vegetable stock, etc) and using different technologies of cooking (brown and white stocks)
 Any prepared stock has a rich golden or red-brown color and a distinctive full flavor which defines the main ingredient of it. In the school kitchen, the first time in my life, I've seen such big steam kettles for making stocks with simmering bright fragrant liquid, and I was impressed. By the way, the prepared hot stock must be cooled to 41*F within 6 hours; if not, it must be thrown out. Moreover, keeping time of any TCS food (food most likely to become unsafe such as ready to eat food, fresh meat, eggs and poultry, dairy products, etc.) in room temperature has to be as short as possible and follow all time and temperature control rules.
I promised to share with my readers my delicious days, and for this time I've already had my every-morning delicious cup of coffee. I love a lot this hot dark drink with a little bit of spicy ginger and a generous pinch of sweet cinnamon. The cup of coffee makes me sure that the new shiny and happy day starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment