Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2016

First experience in school.

 A lot of things have happened since March 14 when I started my studying in the L'Ecole Culinary School. I have two great teachers who are giving a bunch of new information to us, their students. During the studying week we have lectures and lab work every day, and I'm excited to have this experience. The fist week was about kitchen behavior and simple rules such as washing hands, sanitizing and uniform. My reader can say that it is obvious stuff, but we were not only instructed in details how to do things properly but also informed why it's so important for safe preparation in restaurant business to follow all these rules strictly. The reputation of the place, financial success, and, the most important issue, health of consumers depend on how scrupulously each of the kitchen team is keeping norms.
Also, at the first class I'v learned what my first professional set consists of, and what kind of equipment exists in the kitchen. For example, knives can be different shapes and sizes for different purpose. Some of them like chef knife, boning knife, paring knife and others I already have in my set.

No comments:

Post a Comment