Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Creamy yummy soups

This week I became familiar with American style soups such as Cream of Broccoli and Cream of Mushroom Soup. I've not tried them before, especially since, I've never cooked them. Probably, I was the most curious person on this lab because, honestly, I had no idea which consistency those soups have to be and how they are supposed to look when finished. It is an interesting idea to put in a liquid soup roux, fried flour with butter, which makes the soup thicker and even gives some flavor, especially, if roux was fried to a darker color. By the way, it can have different names with different colors: white, blonde, and brown roux. I just wonder who and when developed this addition to the soup. If you know who, can you tell me?  I worked mostly on Cream of Mushrooms soup, but watched with curiosity the process of cooking Cream of Broccoli, too. In the end, our team presented two hot tasty dishes. The Chef noted that they were too thick, but had a rich flavor and good taste.

Off course, I'm going to learn how to make these creamy yummy dishes properly, and I'm glad to do my best in cooking these soups and many others, but my favorite forever is those I rose with, and this is Ukrainian Borsch.

No comments:

Post a Comment