Search This Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Manhattan Clam Chowder

We've made this beautiful soup twice for the last couple weeks and I believe that the second time progress was shown, because our grades became higher. There is the improved version which we cooked for our midterm exam in the picture.

Manhattan Clam Chowder is the thick but not creamy soup. The bright red color of this soup comes from the tomato base. Our recipe included a pretty big amount of ketchup, but our Chef  helped us to figure out that too a sweet taste of ketchup can be offset by regular tomato paste. Little bit sour because of tomato acid, the soup had a distinctive clam flavor

Now a little bit about my cooking experiments. This year I tried for the first time fried plantain and I love it!  Of course I tried to cook it at home and my experiments were not bad.  Twice fried tostones with fried vegetables and "Vegenaise" sauce was full of flavor and had the same texture that I experienced in Puerto Rico.  I was really happy that I could repeat this dish at home.  

Stuffed fried plantain with guacamole on the side was very good also.  

No comments:

Post a Comment