Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Chopping or dicing:)

At least ones in life most people have seen on TV or in real how a professional cook works and were impressed by something particular in this show. When I was seeing a real professional Chef  the first time in my life, I couldn't pull my eyes off  the knife in the Chef's hands. It was an independent magical tool that cut vegetables for the salad by itself, and the cook just watched this process. At least, this was how I've seen it because I was absolutely sure that to move hands so speedy and accurately is impossible. Then, I tried to repeat those action at home and cut my fingers badly. Those time I quite my attempts and continued to work with а knife as I could. However, new phase of this story started in the first week of my studying at L'Ecole. Of course, I can only dream about acquiring speed which I've seen, but my Chefs in the school are going to teach me accuracy in my skills. Cuts have names, and they are French names because most of terms in the professional cuisine exactly French or came from this delicious language of love. For example, Julienne is a fine long cut used for garnish, salads, or mirepoix. Small, medium, and large dice also can be used for different purposes in the cooking process. In the pictures bellow are shown norms of cutting and my first results.



Finally, I clearly understand what the difference is between dicing, chopping, slicing, and cutting. All of these are cutting. Dicing is cutting in cubs; slicing is cutting in thin peaces; chopping is cutting without actual forms. Don't laugh if it is obvious for you because it was very confusing information for me as a foreign person, and I'm happy that it is clear now. 
There is my yummy for now. While I was completing my Journal, my dear husband cooked for me the colorful and delicious dish. The baked cod covered with piquant jalapeno sauce and accompanied with fried sweet potato looks yummy and I'm going to take a brake.

No comments:

Post a Comment