Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Pan-Fried Chicken Breast with Pan Gravy

The first dish of our second phase was fried chicken, and it is a way that I never use to cook chicken at home. My favorite place to cook any food is an oven, actually, because this way is always successful, simplest, and really healthy. Therefore, I was really interested in that class. So... To make fried chicken tender and juicy you need to season it well and bread it properly. Our Chef taught us to season chicken breast with salt and pepper to our taste first, then put breast in mix of buttermilk and egg, and then bread it in flour with added seasonings like pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, dry thyme, etc. After that, our chicken laid in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, we prepared baked finger potatoes and sauteed zucchini. I learned that taking out seeds from zucchini makes them more firm while cooking, reduces time of sauteing, and makes the finished product more attractive. We plated our dish and I found my way not really creative, because , in fact I repeated plating of somebody else. I've just seen photo with this plating before and unconsciously repeated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment