Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2016

Charlie Gitto's - toasted ravioli's home.


I wanted to have toasted ravioli in this restaurant from that moment when I learned that this type of ravioli was invented at Charlie Gitto's, St Louis. This Sunday my dream came true, and I had the famous CG toasted ravioli for my appetizer. 

I really enjoyed tasting those gentle, juicy, and full of flavor small bite-size ravioli. Also we had a conversation with the CG Chef, who is a L'Ecole graduate, and with his recomendations ordered for dinner Seafood Pasta Suzanne for my husband and Shrimp Scampi with fresh tagliatelle pasta for me. My fresh pasta with shrimps and savory sauce was excellent! 

Of course, I put my fork in my honey's plate and was impressed with his dish also.

One day, I would like to have the work experience in a restaurant with such a varied menu with a number of signature dishes and so much rich history. By the way, about history they have a funny story that toasted ravioli was invented in 1947 by a Chef, who had too much wine while cooking, so the incident with dropping ravioli in oil happened. 



No comments:

Post a Comment