Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Meat.

Humans are not predators by the nature. We do not have enough speed or power, and nature has not given us long fangs and sharp claws, but we are given the most powerful ability between mammals - the ability to create. I'm not going to criticize the ways how humans use this treasure, but one of the first men's creations was a weapon to hunt animals for meat. The other significant developments were tools to cook it and fire. Many thousands of years went by, but fire stayed an incredibly popular way of cooking even though we've learned to use electricity, natural gas, and even microwaves. Also, meats used by people became more diverse and professionally processed. We still hunt, but it is not the main method to get meat in now days; farms and facilities offer all types of meats people consume.
However, today I want to make a stop around fire. We started using a grill in our second phase almost from the very beginning and our first meat was STEAK. Yes, it is not a mistake, I write this word with capital letters because for many of Americans steak is a symbol of their life style. I can't argue with them because when I tried real American steak, I fell in love with this simple juicy meat.
L'Ecole started to teach me to prepare this famous meal. My first steak wasn't perfect for me because I wanted to make it medium rare, but it was a little medium in places.  Now I look forward to learning the science of making a perfect steak.  Below is a picture of my first steak with potatoes and broccoli.


No comments:

Post a Comment